JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER
Are you a developer who wants to get into a gaming job that isn’t necessarily making games? Evolve is looking for a versatile, ambitious, full-time developer to help us build Terminals.io into the leading tools suite for video game promotion. This is a great position for someone early in their career who’s excited about working in a startup environment within one of the industry’s premier marketing agencies, and who wants expand and learn a broad range of web-development skills.
You’ll wear many hats (all very cool and flattering hats, of course), and will be responsible for delivering all manner of projects, large and small. You’ll toy with front-end development, DevOps, databases, and more, and will work independently and as part of a team, proactively pushing your projects to completion.
This is a remote, work-from-home position in Canada.
- Canada Only
- PHP Experience
- +1 year
- JS Knowledge
- +1 year
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Nobody’s perfect, but the ideal candidate has many of the following traits and skills:
- PHP (1+ year of experience)
- AlpineJS or equivalent (1+ year of experience)
- DevOps experience and/or interest in systems as a whole
- An interest in building things from the ground up, and the focus to finish them.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We’re a remote team, and it’s important that you can communicate your plans, projects, and work effectively.
- Top-notch collaboration. This position involves working alongside our Terminals team, as well as the rest of the Evolve team, and you’ll need to be a strong team player. GO TEAM!
- Deep interest in video games and the games industry. Bonus points if you also know lots about the gaming media and influencer landscape.
- Exceptional organization and project management. This job requires keeping track of lots of different things—big and small. It’s literally impossible to keep it all in your head, so you need to be good at task management and organization.
- Self-driven. While you’re working with a team, it’s still a remote gig. You need to be self-motivated and ready to drive projects forward, consistently.
NICE TO HAVE
While we need someone who embodies the traits and skills above, it’s always nice to have a few tricks up your sleeve. Some areas of expertise we’d love to see among applicants include:
- Analytics focus: You know about statistics, social media measurement, KPIs, etc.
- Graphic design chops: Since part of the job will be front-end/consumer facing, it’s certainly helpful if you can make things look pretty.
READY TO APPLY?
We’re asking for a little info so we can get to know you better! Please send us the following to [email protected], citing the Junior Web Developer position.
- Your resume/CV
- Cover letter
- A link to your GitHub account
- Your favorite personal project
- Your most challenging commercial project (if applicable)
- Anything else you feel can convey your skills!