Prepare Your Defenses! Kaiju Wars is Out Now on SteamPosted April 28, 2022
Turn-based strategy players have a new challenge in Kaiju Wars. Can you stand against the kaiju, even if you’re desperately outpowered?
Saskatoon, Canada - April 28, 2021 - Foolish Mortals are about to leave their monster-shaped footprint on the turn-based strategy genre, with the release of Kaiju Wars on Steam today! The love letter to classic kaiju cinema is a mix of turn-based genre classics, with a one-against-many twist, where players hopelessly command an army against an impending monster attack. Turn-based fans can purchase Kaiju Wars on Steam now for $19.99 USD.
Feel the ground (and desk) shake in the Kaiju Wars launch trailer, which was previously released during the MIX’s 10th Anniversary showcase.
A spiritual successor to the NES game Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters, we’re extremely pleased to add a fresh take on the turn-based genre by combining elements from Advance Wars, Into the Breach and classic kaiju films. - Michael Long, director of Kaiju Wars
About Kaiju Wars:
Command the army!
- We need more time! - Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster's path to slow it down (don't worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! - Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! - Conventional weapons aren't enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
- Evacuate! - Our chief scientist is working on an anti-monster serum, but it's not ready yet! Be prepared to evacuate the laboratory using transport trucks, boats, or planes when the kaiju get too close.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju - Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! - Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! - Kaiju can't be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back... for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
Predictable! - They move towards the nearest building, and those scientists have mathed the exact odds as to where they might go next. Use this info wisely!
- Uncover the mystery - Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 15+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! - Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES - Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck - Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
Twitch Integration, Custom Maps, and More!
- Twitch Integration - Twitch chat are the citizens! Twitch viewers can type commands into chat to have comments appear during certain in-game events
- Local Versus Mode - Two players duke it out at the same computer (or online via Steam RemotePlay), with one playing as the KAIJU, the other as the HUMANS
- Create your own battles! - Create your own city or scenario - Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online - Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Weekly Challenges! - Try Foolish Mortals weekly challenge, and play for top spot on the weekly leaderboards