Hidden Deep launches into Steam Early Access on January 24th
Hamburg, December 16th, 2021 - Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Cogwheel Software are excited to announce that their sci-fi survival thriller Hidden Deep, set deep below the bottom of the sea in an abandoned research facility and claustrophobic tunnel system, will be released into Early Access on Steam on January 24th, 2022. Players can check out the closed beta right now on Steam. From today on, playtesters will also be able to cooperate with their friends to explore the vast levels for the first time in dedicated coop missions! The beta will run until January 3rd, 2022 at 7 pm CET.
The latest trailer video thrusts players into the action: https://youtu.be/M38Ajts3ODA
In Hidden Deep,players explore a vast suboceanic research and mining facility, inhabited by alien creatures brought to life in a 2D game world full of action, mystery, and danger. They must command their team members and find out what happened in the abandoned caves and corridors, unraveling a dark sci-fi horror mystery inspired by classic movies from the ‘80s and ’90s.
To explore the depths and find the missing researchers, the rescue team has a variety of tools at their disposal. Learn to master the grappling hook to avoid plummeting to your death or bashing your head in, use drones to scan the colossal cave systems, operate heavy machinery to explore new areas of the research station and blast your way through to new caves with demolition charges. Shoot or sneak your way through dangerous traps and alien lairs - and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants
With today’s co-op update, beta players are now able to work together with a friend on specific coop missions in challenge mode. They have to solve problems as a team via local multiplayer or use the Steam remote play feature.
- Gripping, gritty sci-fi story. The story pays homage to many classic games and movies of the 80s and 90s such as Aliens, The Thing from Another World and the first Half-Life game.
- An arsenal of tools - from grappling hooks and scanners to drones, weapons and heavy machinery.
- More than 20 hours of gameplay in Story Mode (to be completed within the game's Early Access).
- Challenge mode for even more in-depth adventure.
- Local co-op and remote play co-op already available (online co-op will be introduced during the game's Early Access).
Hidden Deep releases on PC via Steam Early Access on January 24th.
Assets can be found here.