Happenlance Vaults Its Way Onto Steam On October 22nd
October 14th - Toronto, Canada - Phillip Trudeau-Tavara & Miles Fogle are proud to announce Happenlance, a painterly physics platformer, arriving on Steam on October 22nd. The demo is available now, so anyone tough enough to beat this punishing action adventure can try their hand today.
Happenlance's single player quest can be fought through alone or alongside a friend in online co-op. Players will climb huge mountains and face giant armies, all using only a spear, in Sir Happenlance's epic campaign against the monarch. Happenlance also features an online PvP arena mode for players looking to hone their combat skills.
The Happenlance demo is available now, and if you're ready to finish the fight, the full game will release on Steam on October 22nd.
Happenlance is an action platformer where you use your mouse to control Sir Happenlance, and his trusty lance, on a quest to storm the evil king's castle. Happenlance crosses the rage-inducing platforming of Getting Over It with a brutal combat system, vivid hand-painted 2D worlds, and tricky physics puzzles, all wrapped in a moody medieval-fantasy adventure.
- Sprawling, painterly world of mountains, forests, caves, and castles
- 5 hour, 13-chapter single player campaign filled with unique, challenging set pieces
- Intentionally challenging lance-based movement controls
- Online co-op for wreaking havoc in the campaign
- Online PvP with rollback netcode for the optimal fighting-game experience
- High-quality ragdoll physics simulation powered by a custom game engine
- Full controller support including next-gen controllers
- Unique twist on the "New Game+" game mode
- An epic, tough-as-nails adventure!
About Phillip Trudeau-Tavara & Miles Fogle
Phillip Trudeau-Tavara and Miles Fogle are the two indie devs who co-created Happenlance, building the game from scratch during quarantine. Phillip is based in Toronto, Canada and Miles is based in Missouri, United States, and together they directed a fully-online global team of artists and developers to bring Happenlance to completion.