LudoNarraCon 2020 Dates and Line Up Revealed
MELBOURNE, Australia – February 6, 2020: Indie games label Fellow Traveller today announced the dates and exhibitors for LudoNarraCon 2020, a global festival held on Steam that celebrates narrative video games. The 2020 festival will run from April 24-27 and will feature exhibiting games including Telling Lies, Eliza, Heaven’s Vault, Boyfriend Dungeon, Paradise Killer and Genesis Noir.
Organized by Fellow Traveller, an independent games label focused on innovative narrative games, LudoNarraCon is a pioneering event, replicating many of the aspects of conventions like PAX or Eurogamer Expo but through a digital format and hosted on the Steam platform.
“It’s free to attend, free to exhibit, has global reach and no one has to put on pants.” Chris Wright, Managing Director, Fellow Traveller
After the successful pilot in May 2019, which saw more than 850,000 people visit the central event page on Steam, this year’s event will see a 25% increase in exhibitors, a 66% increase in demos and a doubling of live panel content. The organisers are hoping to drive increased attendance with a goal of 1.5M visitors to the event page for the 2020 event.
During the festival, 30 exhibitors from around the world will stream exclusive behind the scenes content and sneak peeks onto their Steam store pages with more than 15 exhibitors providing downloadable demos, available only for the duration of the event. There will also be live panel discussions on the main theatre stream and a sale featuring more than 50 story-rich games.
“We believe digital festivals like LudoNarraCon are the way of the future for indie developers and solve many of the challenges with physical events,” said Chris Wright, Managing Director of Fellow Traveller. “It’s free to attend, free to exhibit, has global reach and no one has to put on pants.”
Fellow Traveller announced 23 exhibitors today with more exhibitors to be revealed in the coming months. The announced games participating are:
- Boyfriend Dungeon - Kitfox Games
- Chinatown Detective Agency - General Interactive Co.
- Eliza - Zachtronics
- Genesis Noir - Feral Cat Den / Fellow Traveller
- Heaven's Vault - inkle
- Hypnospace Outlaw - Tendershoot / No More Robots
- In Other Waters - Jump Over The Age / Fellow Traveller
- Mutazione - Die Gute Fabrik / Akapura Games
- Neo Cab - Chance Agency / Fellow Traveller
- Not Tonight - Panic Barn / No More Robots
- Out There: Oceans of Time - Mi-Clos Studio / Modern Wolf, Fractale
- Paradise Killer - Kaizen Game Works / Fellow Traveller
- She Dreams Elsewhere - Studio Zevere
- Solace State - Vivid Foundry
- Sometimes Always Monsters - Vagabond Dog / Devolver
- Suzerain - Torpor Games / Fellow Traveller
- Tangle Tower - SFB Games
- Telling Lies - Drowning a Mermaid Productions / Annapurna Interactive
- The Church in the Darkness - Paranoid Productions / Fellow Traveller
- The Stillness of the Wind - Lambic Studios / Fellow Traveller
- Wayward Strand - Ghost Pattern
- Welcome to Elk = Triple Topping
- Yes, Your Grace - Brave At Night / No More Robots
The line up of panels for the main theatre stream will be revealed closer to the event and developers, journalists and others keen to chair a panel can submit ideas before February 14 via this link.
If you’d like to learn more about LudoNarraCon, the Fellow Traveller team can facilitate interviews with Chris Wright and participating exhibitors. Contact [email protected]
Media can also sign up for a press pass to LudoNarraCon right now at this link. Attending media will get early access to the playable demos, press assets and contact details for the exhibitors. It’s the best way to report on a convention: no airports; no noisy environment making it hard to record interviews; play the demos without people watching you—actually no other people to deal with at all; watch all the content at your convenience; no con-flu, no con-food, no pants.