Dave the Diver Set to Make a Splash With 1.0 Launch on June 28
June 9, 2023 - SEOUL, South Korea — Following a successful partnership debuting their release date announcement at IGN’s Summer of Gaming, MINTROCKET is thrilled to share that Dave the Diver will be launching into 1.0 on June 28th! Narrated by Robert Clotworthy, the new trailer highlights contents and features coming to the full release and is set to entice even more players to take the plunge into the Blue Hole with Dave.
Since its Early Access launch on Steam last October, Dave the Diver has received over 11,000 user reviews, earning a 97% “Overwhelmingly Positive” rating, but the praise doesn’t stop there. In addition to the outpouring of admiration from players, last month MINTROCKET revealed a new accolades trailer featuring commending quotes from gaming media and influencers. Check out the trailer here.
Building on this success and leaving the adventure of Early Access behind, the full release of Dave the Diver will send players on an immersive underwater escapade like no other. With an expected playtime of approximately 25 hours, at 1.0 launch players can look forward to new minigames, updated mechanics, as well as:
- New Biomes. Players can look forward to traversing an ancient cave, a melting glacier, and more in chapters 4-7, which will be available on launch day.
- New Fish. With the addition of new biomes, comes new species for players to capture (physically or with their camera), adding new sushi recipes for nightly restaurant activities. Rumors of strange mutated fish called FishMon have been circulating and catching them will require specific equipment and strategy.
- New Tools. New ranged and melee weapons will be added to keep Dave safe as he navigates the Blue Hole. While diving, players will be able to check the stats of the fish they have in stock at the restaurant with a new, highly requested underwater fish tracker.
- New Threats. Early Access players got a taste of boss fights with the Wolf Eel and Giant Squid in chapters 1-3, but there’s a lot more lurking in the depths and many new dangers to face…
- And more! Part of the fun is uncovering the mysteries of the Blue Hole so we can’t spoil all the surprises!
Dave the Diver is currently available in Early Access on Steam. For those who want to stay up-to-date on the latest Dave the Diver news, check out the official website and Twitter, and join the community on Discord.
MINTROCKET aims for a world where various genres and new kinds of enjoyment coexist. The studio’s focus is on making fun gameplay and bringing immersive gaming experiences worldwide with creative and inspiring games. What makes a great game? MINTROCKET thinks the answer comes from the gamers.