Announcing Dark Envoy, a Non-Linear cRPG from Event Horizon
“What do you see when you look in the mirror, Kiros?”
“I see a world where the strong prey on the weak, where virtues like honor and justice are just a myth. I see our world but it is a bad place, Kaela… and we are part of it now.”
As the Human Empire fights for dominance against the remnants of the Old Races, Dark Technology clashes against Magic — neither side is good and just. The strong prey on the weak taking whatever they please. This is total war, where the defeated will be entirely wiped from the pages of history.
Against this backdrop, Kaela and Kiros aspire to repair their parents’ broken airship in order to travel the world, seeking to face whatever dungeons, challenges, and riches may come their way. They are hungry to learn how to fight, build, and forge alliances and friendships across the known lands. Together, they search for ancient relics and forgotten places. Together, they look to leave a legacy in their wake…
Yet, your journey begins in blood and tragedy.
Your choices are everything and they can reshape your life in this place, even the world around you. Will you become strong enough to survive the journey and reach the end? Will you find the power to change this grim reflection of our own world? Will your legacy be one of peace and honor, or stained by bloodshed and destruction?
When you look in the mirror at the end, what reflection will you see there?
Gdynia, Poland - August 6, 2019 - Polish game developers Event Horizon announced their newest game today in a cinematic trailer released ahead of Gamescom 2019.
Watch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/KfF9SNfFRvk
Dark Envoy is a non-linear RPG inspired by the likes of the Divinity series, XCOM, FTL, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age to offer free world exploration with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy. A continuation of Event Horizon’s attempt, which began with the studio’s debut title Tower of Time, to shatter long-standing RPG tropes and to create something unique in the process.
Explore the world using your Skyship, it is your base of operations after all. Hunt for mythical locations, and procedurally generated dungeons with optional tactical objectives. Choose wisely where to travel however, as the world map adjusts with the passing of in-game time. Locations will randomly respawn, becoming progressively more challenging to travel for you and your party.
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer.
- 15 unique character classes to discover - with the ability to mix skill trees - including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- Combat animations recorded using the studio’s own mocap and a kung-fu master acting out various fighting styles.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a new mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before they become too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests, local, and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
- Website: https://www.darkenvoy.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eventhorizondev/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/eventhorizondev
An early look at Dark Envoy is available for hands-on demos in Hall 10 at Gamescom, August 21 to 24. Media are invited to book an appointment by emailing Astrid Rosemarin at [email protected].
Dark Envoy is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One late 2020.
About Event Horizon
Founded in 2016 by a banker with 15 years experience in a number of multinational banking groups, Event Horizon’s mission is to develop memorable RPGs with rich stories and satisfying gameplay. Our first title, Tower of Time released in 2018 and we are currently working on the upcoming Dark Envoy for Windows, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One.