Demo for Turn-Based Strategy Game Black Legend Now Available
Geel, Belgium, November 24, 2020 — Black Legend developers Warcave have made the demo for their upcoming strategy RPG available on Steam. The demo, previously only available during the Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition, gives players an early taste of the first hour of Black Legend and shows off some of the early classes, weapons, quests, and enemies.
“The reaction we had from strategy fans during the festival was amazing. Seeing fans of the genre dive into the game and experience this small slice of it for the first time was a huge morale boost to the studio.”, says Black Legend Creative Director and Lead Designer Menno van der Heijden, “Between our community Discord and Steam, we’ve received a lot of great feedback about the game, but what we’ve been hearing most is ‘This game looks great, I wish I hadn’t missed out on the demo during the festival’ and the best way to fix that is to well, make it available to everyone.”
Watch the latest Black Legend developer diary: LINK
In Black Legend, the player leads a custom squadron of mercenaries into the accursed city of Grant to aid a struggling resistance against a deadly cult of fanatics. Piece together stories from survivors, discover new equipment and classes for your team, and delve into many locations during your quest to discover how to stop the city’s curse from spreading. Explore deep into the city to eradicate a madness inflicting fog that shrouds the streets in this thrilling alternate history turn-based strategy RPG!
Black Legend Features:
- Strategy-Focused Gameplay: Approach each combat with a tactical focus, where unit placement, ability combos, and well-chosen attacks are key to survival. Black Legend focuses on old school strategy vibes, but without the 95% percent chance misses.
- Explosive Combos: Mix up your ranged and melee combat by using alchemy for a wide array of explosive effects. Combine stacks of four different alchemic attacks to injure, poison, and debilitate your foes, but be warned, they will do the same to you.
- Extensive Character Customization: Build your mercenary band with a wide array of classes, each with unique abilities. Improve each of your mercenaries with new weapons, armor, and trinkets, and create your own ability sets by equipping cross-class abilities.
- Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
- Historic Enemies: Black Legend fills the city of Grant with creatures from Belgian, Dutch, and German folklore like nekkers, Halewijn, Witte Wieven and Old Red Eyes.
- An Engaging Story: Dive into the narrative through environmental storytelling, colorful NPCs, and rich set pieces.
- An Entire City to Explore: Free-exploration lets you investigate the many alleys and streets in the city of Grant. Different districts host a wide variety of architecture and environments — you never know where you’ll discover a hidden path, a treasure trove of new items, hidden quest, or recruitable character.