Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain is out now on Steam
The 1980's Czechoslovak People's Army enters the Arma 3 sandbox
PRAGUE, Czech Republic – June 16, 2021 - Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer CSLA Studio are announcing today the release of the Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain. The DLC is available for purchase on Steam for $12.99 USD / €12.99 EUR / £10.99 GBP, and early adopters will receive a 10% discount in the first week of its release.
In the CSLA Iron Curtain Creator DLC, players are taken back to the Cold War era of the 1980's, and experience what life in Czechoslovakia and its heavily-guarded border with the Federal Republic of Germany could have been like if an armed conflict had ever come between the East and the West.
Key features of the CSLA Iron Curtain Creator DLC include:
- 256 km2 terrain - Original landlocked map called "Gabreta" with deep forests, windswept mountains, calm valleys, a railway network, and various military outposts.
- 3 factions - Cold War era armed forces of the United States and Czechoslovakia, as well as local rebel fighters.
- 35 weapons (incl. variants) - A mix of classic pistols, rifles, and launchers (with a large variety of weapon attachments), including the FAL and Sa-58 assault rifles, XM177 carbine, and M1911 pistol.
- 52 vehicles (incl. variants) - Various ground, air, and water vehicles such as the T-72 Main Battle Tank, M113 and OT-62 APCs, and Mi-17 and UH-60 transport helicopters.
- 19 scenarios - 9 singleplayer scenarios depicting various armed confrontations in the Gabreta region, 1 singleplayer Showcase scenario, and 9 multiplayer scenarios (Zeus, Warlords, co-op, team deathmatch, and more).
CSLA Studio has published a 'compatibility data pack for non-owners' via the Steam Workshop, which enables those who do not own the CSLA Iron Curtain DLC to still play on multiplayer servers that make use of its content. However, the DLC's terrain and singleplayer scenarios remain exclusive to owners of the DLC. Restrictions to the use of non-owned content also apply.
Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive. It enables external talent to earn a financial reward while players get to enjoy more quality content. CSLA Iron Curtain is the third Creator DLC project to come out after the release of Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany in April 2019 and S.O.G. Prairie Fire in May 2021.
About Arma 3
Arma 3 is the latest installment in Bohemia Interactive's acclaimed Arma series and offers a truly authentic combat experience in a massive military sandbox. Set across richly detailed large-scale terrains, the game features a diverse range of singleplayer and multiplayer content, complemented by a wide variety of weapons, gear, equipment, vehicles, and different factions. An in-game scenario editor enables players to create their own scenarios. These can be shared and installed via the Arma 3 Steam Workshop, alongside player-created addons and total conversions. Arma 3 is available for Windows PC and has sold over 7 million copies and 12.5 million DLC packs to date. Visit www.arma3.com for more information.
About CSLA Studio
The Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain was created by CSLA Studio. Originally founded in early 2001, the CSLA Studio team focused on the history of the Cold War era in Czechoslovakia from the very beginning. Putting thousands of hours into making community modifications as early as the first Arma game (Arma: Cold War Assault), the team earned the respect of the Arma community. Expanding and improving upon their experience, the team is now enriching Arma 3 with their Creator DLC.