About an Elf Coming To Nintendo Switch February 10th 2022
Vancouver, Canada, January 25th 2022 - Meringue Interactive is delighted to present About an Elf, a point and click fantasy/adventure RPG set to release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch on February 10, 2022.
About an Elf is a visual novel with light RPG elements and point-and-click gameplay where you navigate your way through a fantasy world as the titular elf, Princess Dam! Search for Elftopia, a magical, and happy place that once was free and open to all, but is accessible no longer.
No one even knows what’s been lost and what there is to be found in Elftopia. Treasures and gold? An endless supply of gummy bears? Or something more conceptual and intangible?
Whatever the case may be, it’s up to you to guide Princess Dam and her incorrigible apprentice, Roland the BraveCat, as you embark on the journey to find this lost promised land.
You’ll travel through a world menaced by haunting life forms and curious characters. Standing in your path in the search for friendship and fun is the King of Terrors and his army of evil monsters.
This coming-of-age, elf-tastic adventure was dreamed up as an escapist fantasy during the early days of the pandemic. It’s a reflection on the feelings of isolation brought upon by lockdown, but with a hopeful, lighthearted outlook and optimism for the future.
- Five-hour-long, story-driven adventure.
- Point-and-click exploration for casual and intuitive gameplay.
- Pre-rendered graphics in the vein of 90’s classics, but with current-gen polish.
- Explore four miniature worlds and sixteen mini-dungeons that, small as they may seem to us humans, are wondrous expanses for a little elf.
- Decipher the mystery of the magi balls, and employ their power to achieve total victory.
- Fight an assortment of evil monsters, each more monstrous than the last.